OkMap is a free comprehensive GPS mapping software for Garmin and Magellan GPS Devices for lots of outdoor activities and allows you to work on your computer screen with digital maps that you have either bought or scanned. This software has ability to import vectorial data from the most common formats and DEM data relevant to height informations.
By connecting a GPS to your laptop, you can plot your position on maps in real-time. If you are connected to the network you can constantly send your position to a remote computer, or receive the position of your companions on your computer and display the related tracks on maps in real time.
OkMap can also interface Google Maps and Google Earth. With Google Maps you can get portions of maps immediately obtainable in OkMap. With Google Earth you can view your paths and your maps also in 3D.
Supported formats :
* Images: ecw, bmp, gif, jpg, png, tif and many others
* Maps: gfw, jgw, pgw, tfw, bpw (Drg maps); ecw (Earth Resource Mapping); map (OziExplorer); gmi (GpsTuner)
* Vectorial data: shp, dbf (Esri shape file); dcw (Digital Chart of World)
* GPS data: gpx (GPS Exchange Format); kml (Keyhole Markup Language); wpt, plt, rte (OziExplorer); loc (Geocaching) and many others formats thanks to the software GpsBabel
* DEM data (digital earth model): hgt (SRTM-1 e SRTM-3)
Supported Gps devices :
* Upload/download through GpsBabel: Garmin and Magellan
* NMEA navigation: all GPS devices that support Nmea 0183 protocol
System Requirements :
* Microsoft Windows XP or higher
* Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01 or later
* Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
* Microsoft Visual J# 2.0