Capture Map from Google Maps Using ArcMap
This free ArcGIS Extension, GEO-Explorer.org can capture map from Google Maps in raster file in the world coordinate Mercator projection. You can add the Google Maps raster file to your ArcMap project. With GEO Explorer.org you can use maps of Earth, Moon, Mars. GEO Explorer.org extension distributed open source under the GNU license.
How to use :
- To open the GEO-Explorer.org dockable window you must click “Window/GEO-Explorer.org VB6″
- In the top of the Geo-Explorer.info dockable window there is button of opening of the Map Tools windows and the field of URL.
You can open any quantity of the Map Tools windows, and they has analogous possibility to change default URL.
- The default URL is http://www.geo-explorer.org/index.php?title=V1.0 You can change default URL. Type your Internet address in URL filed and press “Enter” (like as in the Internet explorer)
- To open the GEO-Explorer.org toolbars in ArcMap you must click “View/Toolbars/GEO-Explorer.org VB6″
How to install :
- Download ZIP archive from ESRI arcscripts server
- Create folder and place the ZIP archive there, then unpack it
- Run _install.bat
How to use : please follow this instuction